Information for people wishing to obtain specialized outpatient health care services at our Centre
Public Institution Šiauliai Rehabilitation Centre has entered into agreements with Šiauliai, Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipėda and Panevėžys Territorial Patient Funds (TPF) for provision of health care services.
Our Rehabilitation Centre offers the following treatment possibilities for the patients:
- having a refferal issued by your general practicioner (GP) ((Form 027/a) the services shall be paid by Territorial Patient Fund);
- without GP referreal (the patients themselves pay for the services as well as other natural or legal person, or voluntary health insurance institutions may pay for your services).
On arrival for specialised outpatient personal health care services (for treatment with GP referral), a person should bring:
- Identity document (Personal Identity Card or passport) and Disability Certificate.
- Extract of the medical record issued by your GP (Form 027/a).
The patients who are willing to consult with one of our physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists as well as receive outpatient specialised personal health care services without GP referral shall pay for medical advice and treatment procedures prescribed by our physician on the grounds of the approved price list of paid services.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
Our Rehabilitation Centre, working under Health Care Licence No. 327, is providing outpatient rehabilitation services for children and adults on the grounds of the following disease profiles:
Outptient rehabilitation services I for adullts having musculoskeletal system disorders, respiratory, endocrine, digestive system and kidney diseases as well as mental or behavioral disorders or the ones affected by ionizing radiation.
Outptient rehabilitation services II for children suffering from nervous system disorders, musculoskeletal system problems, respiratory, endocrine, digestive system, kidney and skin diseases, mental and behavioral disorders.
Outptient rehabilitation services II for adullts suffering from nervous system disorders, musculoskeletal system disorders problems, respiratory, endocrine, digestive system, kidney, skin and gynecological diseases.
Information for people who want to receive outpatient rehabilitation services I or II at our Centre
The procedure for outpatient rehabilitation treatment prescription is governed by Order No. V-50 of 17 Jan 2008 of the Minister of Health Regarding Organization of Medical Rehabilitation and Sanatorium (Anti-Relapse) Treatment and its versions (Official Gazette 2008, No.12407). The given order and other orders by the Minister of Health can be found on www.sam.lt.
Our Centre admits patients referred by both outpatient and inpatient treatment facilities. The GP or physical medicine and rehabilitation physician decides on medical appropriateness to prescribe outpatient rehabilitation for the patient.
Your GP fills in all the necessary medical documentation and delivers it to the Territorial Patient Fund (TPF) electronically through the information system. Upon receipt of the certificate of rehabilitiation services available TPF prepares and submits a notificiton to the Health Care Institution, which was responsible for preparation of the above mentioned certificate, on agreement for compensation of medical rehabilitation costs (form No 2011T) or notification on refusal to reimburse medical rehabilitation costs (form No 2011N).
Upon arrival at Šiauliai Rehabilitation Centre, the patient should submit the document proving his/her identitity and the extract of the medical record (Form 027/a, origical copy). The receptionist and (or) physical medicine and rehabilitation physician verifies the eligibility of the patient for funding of the outpatient medical rehabilitation by patient fund approved by TPF through information system (form No 2011T).
During the period of medical rehabilitation at our Centre an e-sick leave certificate shall be extended by physical medicine and rehabilitation physician in accordane with the Description of the Procedure for E-Sick Leave Certificate Filling in and Issuance, approved by the director of the Public Institution Šiauliai Rehabilitation Centre. The officers of Internal Service, people registered at Labour Exchange as unemployed as well as intelligence officers should bring the certificates proving their status.
You are welcome to use the following services provided by our Rehabilitation Centre
- Individual physical therapy (is applied in cases of various disorders and diseases);
- Group physical therapy (is applied in cases of lower extremity, foot and ankle disorders, LSP (spinal stabilization program);
- Physical therapy in water.
- Neck traction using Mili-TRAComputer (traction table);
- Spinal traction using Mili-TRAComputer (traction table);
- Extremity traction using Mili-TRAComputer (traction table).
- massage using apparatus (contactless water massage, shin and foot massage, neck area massage, foot and hand massage, pelvic area massage, upper and lower extremity massage);
- classical massage;
- underwater massage.
Occupational therapy (ergotherapy).
- electrotherapy and magnetic therapy (TENS, microwave therapy, magnetic therapy and etc.);
- phototherapy (light therapy, laser therapy);
- Mechanical Vibration Therapy (aerosol therapy, halotherapy, compression therapy, shock wave therapy, ultrasound (phonophoresis));
- hydrotherapy (turpentine bath, iodine bromide bath, bishofit bath, pine extract bath and etc.);
- pelotherapy (mud and paraffin applications);
- thermotherapy and cryotherapy (cold and heat treatment modalities).
Infusion therapy, injections and laboratory tests.